Boozin' Through The World of Wizardry

Harry Potter... If one tells someone one has never seen or read a Harry Potter movie or book, one will get looked at like one is crazy. I'm one of those people that get looked at funny. I had a teacher when I was younger that loved Harry Potter and decorated her class room in everything Harry Potter; I hated her. In my mind I associated Harry Potter with her, so obviously I ended up never touching anything Harry Potter.

My friends came up to me a few weeks ago with an opportunity to get into Harry Potter world. My friends found a Harry Potter bar crawl, "Boozin' Through The World of Wizardry." When I eventually accepted my friends' invite, I had no idea my friends were going to vomit all things Harry Potter on me. My friends were throwing out words I have never heard before: Muggle, Bowtruckle, Bludgers and Legilimency to name a few. Apparently, theres a website that sorts people into their houses so one can feel like they are actually at Hogwarts. I think its kind of weird how into Harry Potter people get, even as full grown adult. 

I ended up doing the quiz on the website, and I am in the Slytherin house. I was informed by my loud friends that Slytherin's have positive and negative traits. The positive traits include: cunning, ambitious and resourceful. The negative traits of a Slytherins include: ends justify the means - they tend to be more lax when it comes to morals, a high sense of self-preservation and power hungry. I just liked the green of the Slytherin house. I was also loudly informed its not a snake, its a serpent.

After all the "learning" I did, we finally got to talk about the bar crawl. The World of Wizardry Crawl said it will feature the best venues in Cleveland, Ohio and will have live performances with the top local DJs on September 22, 2018. They also keep using the line "We solemnly swear we are up to no good," which I believe must be a Harry Potter quote used out of context. According to the website, I should be receiving a lot of bar crawl swag once I arrive, which includes a wand, a LCD light up bracelet and a color changing cup. 

Comments

Popular Posts