Favorite Book

During our time in social media principles, we got through three books. One of those books stood out the most between the three. That book is the first one, The Art of Social Media. I actually bought this book instead of renting it since it looked very useful and it is. I never really knew there was an “art” to social media before this book. I just assumed that people just posted what they wanted too and that’s it. I really enjoyed learning about all the little rules about each social media platform. Things like word count for Facebook, or what type of content is appropriate for each social media platform. I thought the author does a good job of keeping everything simple and easy to understand. I also like learning about websites that I didn’t even know about through the book. It gave me more resources to use when I’m on the internet. I learned that it is very important to communicate with your audience and customers because that’s how you form relationships and that will only improve your business. A side note on the book, I really like the cover. I love the light blue and the eye-catching design. That’s just the graphic designer in me.
I did enjoy the other books as well. I did like how the social media workbook had activities to go get the information yourself and learn where to find it. Looking at your competition’s social media platforms and using it to learn what works and what doesn’t is something all businesses should do. Getting analytics from your social media pages is also very important. You can improve if you don’t know where you are. You have to know where your starting point is to know how to figure out where you want to go and develop a strategy on how to get there.
This was probably my favorite class of the semester. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the class. This class was way more entertaining and useful then any class I had as a marketing major. So I’m glad I switch to public relations.

Comments

  1. I wrote about this being my favorite of all the books too. I thought it was a better read than the other one's, and it didn't get too caught up in the really deep details like I think "Measure What Matters" did. I think it's a really good starting point for getting to know social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the book I had chosen too for my blog. This book has all the answers you need to know about using your platform. The author did an amazing job helping us understand the steps in a simple way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts