Shirt Design

One of the biggest parts of recruitment for fraternities comes with recognition on campus. With Ohio Northern University small campus and having six fraternities on campus, its important for non-greek members to see who and what one's fraternity does for its members and the community. I felt like a new shirt for my fraternity would be great to have our members wear on campus to show all the different clubs and organizations everyone is involved in outside of the fraternity.
I started with our crest since most of the apparel our members own doesn't use the crest in any way. I went this way with the design because I feel more guys would order the shirt since its something different and special to the fraternity. Then I went with a bold, narrow and sharp typeface for the fraternity name to draw attention to the name. If the name is easily visible, that will make it easier for the public to see it and get our name out in the world. I then added our chapter name and added the university's name on the bottom of the design in a serif typeface. This was mostly because I love serif fonts, and since I will be wearing this shirt and I'm the one designing the shirt, I get the final say. I went with Baskerville because it is my favorite font. I went back and forth on if I wanted to go with a black and white design or keep the colors of the crest. I decided to go with the color. Color makes the design more attention-grabbing, which is the point of the shirt.
I love designing things and love using Adobe software. Now that the design is done, I just have to wait and see if any of my fraternity brothers actually want to buy the shirt. The shirt design will only be useful if guys actually buy into the idea and want to see it through.

Comments

Popular Posts