Proposal almost ruined by Snapchat

This weekend was a special time for my cousin and her boyfriend. It was special because her boyfriend, Jeff, decided it was time to finally get down on one knee and ask the question my cousin has been waiting for; "will you marry me?" They were dating for about 6 years before this weekend so everyone knew it was coming eventually. Jeff also knew this, so he wanted to make it special. Courtney, my cousin, loves little games and Jeff wanted to exploit that. He had her go on a scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt was different locations that had a special place in their hearts. The locations included places like where they first met, where they had their first date and where they had their first kiss. When she made it through all the stops and made it to Jeff he asked her to marry her and she said yes.
Jeff wanted the family to be at her house when they returned for a surprise, so that's why I went up to Michigan. He also asked me to design popcorn bags that said, "Jeff popped the question, Courtney said yes." It was meant to be a secret that I was coming up, but I ruined that by accident! I forgot Snapchat tracks you with your Bitmoji. So Courtney asked Jeff why I was in Detroit... He saved it by saying I was picking up a friend from the airport. Even though I almost ruined the surprise, they looked so happy and everyone had a great time.

Comments

  1. I loved your story Josh! I hope your cousin and Jeff have a wonderful life together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts